About the Hall
At the heart of the village, the Hall provides facilities for everyone – residents and non-residents alike – and is available to hire
A brief history
The Hall was built in 1899 by the Eyres family (owners of Dumbleton estate at the time) and is dedicated to the lady of the manor – Caroline Isabel.
During the First World War, the Hall was used as a hospital for wounded servicemen and in the Second World War, it was used as an annexe to the school to accommodate the number of pupils increased by the influx of evacuees…
The Hall today
The Village Hall is still at the heart of the community and provides the venue for a range of clubs and classes as well as a meeting venue for local associations such as Dumbleton WI.
The Hall also runs regular events throughout the year, including the legendary New Year’s Dance, themed Wine Bars and, between March and October, Saturday Coffee Shops – all events raise funds for the maintenance and improvement of the Hall.
Since 1971 a committee of Trustees, registered with The Charities Commission, has managed the Hall on behalf of the village. The primary purpose of the committee is to ensure the continuance of the Hall for now and subsequent generations, raising funds as necessary to meet these aims.
The committee is made up of volunteers from the local community who organise and run fund-raising events. All profits from activities go towards the maintenance and improvement of the Hall.
The committee is always happy to welcome new Trustees who can help with the Hall’s events and be part of a great and fun group of volunteers. If you’d like to know more, contact us.
The current trustees
Jim Harmsworth Cowles